22 January 2012

T H E    A R T I S T

















I loved The Artist - it was so refreshingly sweet and funny. I admit that I was a bit skeptical about how much I would enjoy a silent film, but I wasn't bored for even a second and just about smiled through the whole thing. I would be so happy to see it again. I'm always a sucker for a good, old fashioned dance routine! Bérénice Bejo was so adorable, and Jean Dujardin charmed my socks off with that amazing smile of his. Swoon!

You must go see this if you haven't yet!


5 comments:

  1. I loved it as well. It must have been so tricky to make a movie with so little sound in it, and I was so, so impressed with the direction and the actors. The facial expressions were the best part for me. I definitely recommend it as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so intriged to see The Artist! I also had some doubts about my attention span during the movie, but now you've convinced me I'll love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am confident you will! Let me know what you think. 

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched a little clip of an interview with Bérénice and Jean, and they said it was so much more relaxed and easy. They played music, they could talk - they didn't have to worry about lines and the mic being in their face the whole time. Also, neither of them had ever danced before! I was impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh thankyou!!! for reminding me about this movie. I personally love silent movies so much (especially Buster Keaton!!). Love your header, very cute.

    ReplyDelete