13 November 2011

C O M F Y ,    C O Z Y    &    K I T T I E S




This past week I have been house/kitty sitting for my friend Caitlin. While she and her husband are exploring Scandinavia, I am here hunkering down with Scout and Abby, hiding away from the cold and grey outside. I have only left a handful of times to see friends or visit my parents. I feel so tucked away from the world here and it is really quite nice, just as if I am on a quiet vacation. I spend my days reading (1Q84, Murakami's new book! It's so beautifully designed - I just love looking at it and touching the pages. They're so milky and smooth!), watching movies, chatting with the cats and keeping busy with my little freelance design jobs. If there were a stormy beach just outside the window, then it would be absolutely perfect.

Beginning tomorrow, I will get down to business with Little Dipper and start making it my full time occupation. Now that I finally have the availability in my schedule, I can give it my full attention and hopefully form it into something that can support me over the next few months. Although, I won't require too much from it as I have been very fortunate lately. Things just keep coming together and now, I am all saved up for my travels. It never ceases to amaze me when I set my heart on something, and once I put that energy out there, how everything just works in my favor. The right people enter my life, the right opportunities reveal themselves and then with a little hard work and the right attitude, all of the pieces fall into place. 

It's such an exciting and encouraging thing to see and experience. I have already gotten a taste of how good the coming days will be. I am so grateful and very eager to see what is around the corner!



10 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that things have turned out so well for you! You deserve it

    ReplyDelete
  2. is that new murakami book good? i've been wondering about it. ...oh and did you ever get those pictures printed at all? last time we talked about it you told me to keep reminding you. i wasn't sure. i won't keep reminding you if you're so busy and everything. that's okay :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I told you Luke, I'm terrible at this! Just terrible. You are not the only one still waiting on prints. Now that I am working for myself, I should find the time for this. So yes, keep reminding me!

    As for the book, I haven't gotten far enough into it to say if it's a good book or not. I am enjoying it so far, though. 

    ReplyDelete
  4. so, i totally understand if you are uncomfortable with sharing this information.. but because i am literally amidst saving funds for a similar journey (although i hope to stay abroad for a full year), i am wondering how much you've saved? I'm just curious to know if the number i'm shooting for is aligned with yours, sheer curiosity. take care. 

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I don't mind sharing, but could we email about this instead? 

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've begun a correspondence! 

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would LOVE to house sit for someone's kitties if they'd let me. It'd probably be a dream job, truly. :P How are you liking the Murakami book? 

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read a whole lot of it yet (it's huge, so I've only made a very small dent) - but so far, so good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great job, that is very impressive that you've saved already! thank you so much for being there with the kitties.. they are lucky to have you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so happy to be here with them! Scout and Abby are being such good girls. They were a little suspicious at first, I think (wondering where their mama and papa went to), and kept their distance. Now they are sleeping next to me all through the night, and Abby wakes me in the morning with little kisses on my hand. Scout stays snuggled up close until I'm ready to get up. 

    We miss you, Caitlin! 

    ReplyDelete