19 October 2011

L A     S E R R A N I A




As my sister and I have been busy organizing our plans for our travels next year, I have found it too easy to become completely lost in the future dreaminess of the endless possibilities we are discovering.  She and I are each doing our fair share of scouring the helpx network for the places we'll be dedicating our time to. First we'll enjoy a few days exploring Madrid, after which we will be spending five weeks working at La Serrania on the island of Mallorca. Here we will tend to the gardens, help in the kitchen and general upkeep of the retreat center. We will also be able to take advantage of the yoga classes, art workshops and general heavenliness of the surroundings. I have a feeling I'm never going to want to leave. That is, until I remember where we are going next - which I will share the details of once that plan is all confirmed.

If the beauty of this place is any indicator of the kind of experience we're going to have on this trip, I think we're going to have the time of our lives. March cannot get here too quickly!


Images courtesy of La Serrania.



8 comments:

  1. Ummm lets leave tomorrow, okay? okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmm! This place looks so incredibly serene! And gorgeous- what a wonderful place to work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This place is so gorgeous and serene!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! So you just exchange work for accommodations? I never knew something like this existed. You're so brave to take this on. I love your blog and I can't wait to read it while you're on this trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Madrid is the best city for party in all Europe. You will enjoy it. Have agreat trip

    ReplyDelete