26 September 2011

M Y     S E C R E T     R E V E A L E D



My friend Ellie does a "what's in her bag" photo series. She asked me to participate, and when we met at a cafe on the evening we planned to do this, I had assumed we would take the pictures later at my place - so I didn't have time to edit what was actually in there. I suppose for authenticity reasons, this is a good thing - but now there's no denying that I had a partially eaten donut muffin (yes, donut muffin) in my bag.

Some of the stuff in there I feel is worth noting: old photos of my father, part of my postcard collection, the book I just recently finished, The Story of the Trapp Family Singers, and little bits of paper tree bark that I am collecting with the intention of using for my next collage/watercolor/thingy. 


Side-note/follow up on yesterday: I was quoted in the Seattle Times. I said something about Obama's charisma and some other obvious comment. I am a little self conscious about it, I think I sound silly. I have been poking fun at myself all day. Okay, I'm not going to pretend I don't care at all. I mean, it is kind of cool. It's just too bad I couldn't think of something a little more intelligent to say!


No comments:

Post a Comment