26 June 2011

surroundings



I just spent the evening with a long lost friend, sitting on the rooftop of a building with the most gorgeous views of Seattle. It's too easy to forget how beautiful this city is when all of its wonder constantly hides behind a heavy grey blanket. After a clear and sunny day, the familiar clouds began to sneak back in, but all of the mountains that lay to the east and the west were still visible.  I could not stop thinking, Geeze this place is amazing! (I wish these pictures did it justice.) 

Nevertheless, I am ready to find a new place to call home for a while. I think New York might be that place for a few months, and then perhaps a small town in Germany, or maybe various places throughout the South of France and Spain. 

I have some rather big decisions to make ahead of me. Once I know which of them is the right one, I will tell you all about it. 


9 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to be here again.  I miss the beauty of Seattle, grey and all.  I guess it is easy to say that when we have pretty consistent sunshine these days in New York.  There truly is nothing like the northwest thought.  I think being away makes you appreciate it more.  I cannot wait for our upcoming adventures.  

    ReplyDelete
  2. ThegreatlakesgoodsJune 27, 2011 at 4:59 PM

    come to new york! you seem to really enjoy it. and it's lovely in the fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I most likely will! When I was a junior in high school I had promised myself that someday I would live in New York. My passion for it may have dwindled since then, but I still believe it would be a great move for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot wait either! But I beg you to please keep your tender feelings for grey and rain at bay when you come home. Bring the sunshine with you instead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to hear about your plans! I miss New York a lot and who knows... I might end up moving back out there in a few months. In the meantime, come visit me in Los Angeles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to move to Seattle in the fall. Apartment swap? =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That could be a possibility! Where is your place, how big is it, how much is the rent, etc.?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks beautiful! I cannot wait to visit!

    ReplyDelete