28 May 2011

my spring break


I leave for New York bright and early tomorrow morning. It feels like it took forever to get here. I am so excited to get out of town, see my sister and enjoy the amazing weather. I know it will be humid - no need to send warnings. Believe you me, I will be glad for it! As long as there is sunshine and heat, I will not complain. 

I will pack plenty of shorts, dresses and books for picnics and lounging in the sun. I will paint my nails a bright coral to celebrate the summertime. I will bring both of my cameras and will capture every light and beautiful NYC moment. I will embrace my beloved sister, dear friend Viki, the city and sunshine with open arms!





8 comments:

  1. i love this selection! rosebud salve is a lifesaver! i recently bought coral nail polish from topshop when i was in new york and i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to see your photos and see what it is i'm heading for in two weeks time myself :) The sun hasn't been out in the longest time here, so i'm pretty excited too se it again.. I'll even welcome the humidity and the frizzy hair that comes with it ;)
    i love that nail polish from Essie  - what's it called?
    Enjoy your mini-vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca ChristopherJune 1, 2011 at 3:02 PM

    Gorgeous! I'm re-reading East of Eden right now (along with half a dozen other half-finished books, haha). I hope you have a really lovely vacation! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm so excited that you're reading murakami!  he's one of my faves.  "a wind-up bird chronicle" is in my top three most beloved books.  hope you're having fun in the city.  xoxo!

     

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could go back! I am so sad to be home. You're going to have to tell me all about your time there so that I can live vicariously through you.

    The Essie polish is Tart Deco. It is very bright, but I still like it. The way it looks in the bottle is misleading. 

    ReplyDelete
  6. East of Eden is my all time favorite book. I didn't end up taking it with me, but I plan to re-read it this summer, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have read nearly all of his books (that one I just snuck in there for the purpose of the photo). The Wind-Up Bird Chronicles was the first one of his that I read.

    I am home now and would love to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too am reading Haruki Murakami; Norwegian Wood. Once banned in Japan, this book is erotically mesmerizing! 

    ReplyDelete