21 June 2010

on the first day of summer


Summertime seems to be shying away from Seattle. This time last year, I had already relished in the sunshine of some 90 degree days. And now here I sit indoors, wearing my winter coat and sadly staring at grey, cloudy skies. Perhaps I am the reason why we have such gloomy weather? My mood has been dark and I feel afraid of so many things that I haven't any power over. I suppose this cloud above my head could be stewing and stretching across a greater distance.

How I wish it were easy to escape someplace else. I hate to complain, but to be truthful, 2010 is being a little hard on me.

Photo credit: Unsure where I found this. I had it saved away in my "Things I Like" folder.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Missy! I've been thinking about you. Would you like to grab dinner some time? Sorry to hear you've been grey and gloomy... I foresee some fireworks in your future... ;) Well let me know if you're in town next week... Blessings to you dear one! ~ Jessika

    ReplyDelete