21 April 2009

it's coming

© Alyson Sharon Redding 2009

I spent most of the day barefoot in the grass, bathing in the glorious sunshine. I got a sunburn & I am glad. I don't care if that sounds crazy. Ashley & I went to Molly Moon for ice cream. I had honey lavender and chocolate in a delicious waffle cone. Afterward we took a long walk while the sun set. Now I am sitting in my warm apartment, half dressed, half not dressed, drinking orange juice and enjoying the quiet.

The rest of the week, with the exception of tomorrow, is supposed to be beautiful. Sometimes I think Seattle must be one of the most perfect places in the world.


PS. Thank you for your thoughts & encouragement. Gramma is doing better, but it will be a slow recovery. She cannot sleep at night because the medication they have her on makes her feel crazy. I stayed with her last night, tonight it is Ashley's turn. I have hardly gotten any sleep over the past five days, so I promised Gramma I would stay home and rest.

8 comments:

  1. I really enjoy your posts and have visited your site for a few years now. Your Gramma is in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you, thank you. That means more to me than you know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad your Gramma is getting better! And I hope the sunshine stays:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. molly moons....huh,thats weird, there is an ice cream place here called Maggie Moos that is very similar to that one. Even similar names!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing can beat Molly Moon!

    http://www.mollymoonicecream.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. i miss seattle so much! you really have no idea. my life is sort of crazy right now, i shouldn't even be typing this comment and should be on my way to school..

    but yes, i miss you, and i still haven't been to molly moon's with you and ashley. next time i go to seattle hopefully we will be able to get some ice cream. i hope i have the funds to go see you sometime in the summer again.

    tell ashley and claire i say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello what software do you use for your computer, for your projects? like the ones on your flickr.

    ReplyDelete
  8. molly moons....huh,thats weird, there is an ice cream place here called Maggie Moos that is very similar to that one. Even similar names!

    ReplyDelete